• Chickasaw Nation Medical Center hosts a blood drive from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at 1921 Stonecipher Boulevard in Ada.
Appointments to donate are not required but are available by phoning 877-340-8777 or visiting www.obi.org.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
FEBRUARY 16, 2013
• Full Gospel Assesmbly Church at Tupelo has cancelled its third Saturday night singing until further notice.
• Ada Youth Soccer signup is currently open for children ages 4 and older. Register online at www.bgcada.com. Look under the sports programs link or sping soccer 2013. Adult leagues are available as well. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEBRUARY 17, 2013
FEBRUARY 18, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 2794870.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview.. All ages welcome. For appointment, phone 580-332-3882.
FEBRUARY 19, 2013
• Prime Timers meet at J.D.’s Cafeteria for the regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m. and a meal will be served at 6 p.m. Musician Susanne Woolley will entertain with an assortment of musical styles, including Celtic, western swing, jazz swing, folk, bluegrass and classical. Guests are welcome.
• A new GriefShare group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• “Nine Months to Countdown,” a class for mothers-to-be in their first trimester of pregnancy, will be held at Valley View Regional Hospital from 5-6:30 p.m.Topics covered will be physical and emotional changes, diet, exercise and things to avoid during pregnancy.There is no charge for the class, however, pre-registration is required. To register, or for more information, call the VVRH Education Department at 421-1467 or 421-1458.