Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 8, 2013
• Al-Anon meets each Friday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
FEBRUARY 11, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Caregiver Support Group, sponsored by Big Five Community Services, is at 11:30 a.m. at Ada Public Library. For more information, phone Paulette Blankenship at 580-924-5331 or 1-888-439-5331.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Mondays and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages welcome. For an appointment, phone 580-332-3882.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada
• Pontotoc Technology Center hosting a wildlife damagis e control meeting at 6:30 p.m. Russell Stevens, a wildlife specialist from the Noble Foundation, will discuss issues regarding coyotes, feral hogs, beavers and gophers. For more information, contact Hershel Williams at 580-310-2241.