SEPTEMBER 12, 2013
• An in-service meeting for all Pontotoc County Literacy Coalition tutors will be held from 6-8 p.m. on the second floor of Ada Public Library. New tutoring materials will be reviewed. All tutors are urged to attend. Light refreshments will be served. Phone 580-436-5443 or 580-332-5454 for more information.
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, phone 580-332-4121.
SEPTEMBER 14, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• City of Springs Car Show, hosted by Sulphur Rotary Club, opens at 9 a.m. Free dash plaque and tee-shirt will be given to the first 75 entrants. A cruise through town is set for Friday night. Entry fee is $20. For more information, phone Jeff Flowers at 580-622-6387 or email city of firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2013
SEPTEMBER 16, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
SEPTEMBER 17, 2013
• Volunteers with Ada Regional United Way Inc. will cover the area (blitzing) to bring additional funds to the 2014 ARUW Campaign. Sponsor for the event is Ada Nissan. Hot dogs and soft drinks or water will be available while supplies last. For each $10 contribution delivered in person, an individual can complete an entry form for an end-of-the-day drawing. Inidividuals making a $10 contribution will receive a ARUW T-shirt, while supplies last. SCORE radio will be broadcasting life from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.