SEPTEMBER 10, 2013
• The Chimney Hill Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 1:30 at the First Christian Church, 13th and Broadway.
• Byrds’ Mill chapter of Oklahoma Archaeology Society meets at 7 p.m. at Mercy Hosptial of Ada in the conference dining room. Susan Vehik of OU archaeology department is the speaker. The event is open to the public.
• Compassionate Friends, Ada area chapter, meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month in the parlor of First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th Street. This non-profit organization is for those grieving the death of a child.
• GriefShare Group meets from 7-9 p.m at Central Church of Christ Family Life Center, 824 Stadium Drive, Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of a loved one. GriefSahre groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help individuals face these challenges and move toward rebuilding their lives. There is no charge to attend the support group meetings. For more information, contact Barbara at 580-436-3248 or 580-272-7550 or the church office at 580-332-6411.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Writers Club hosts a book signing from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Karen’s Art and Framing, 108 E. Main. Ada Artists Association’s September featured artist of the month will be Sandy Ingram. A reception will honor her at the same time.
SEPTEMBER 11, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.