• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
SEPTEMBER 17, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
SEPTEMBER 18, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
SEPTEMBER 20, 2013
• Ada Area Roundup Club hosts a playday event at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex outdoor arena. The event is open to the public. For mroe information, phone 405-395-8147, 580-272-0260 or 580-320-2400.
SEPTEMBER 21, 2013
• The Ada Lions Club will host its 17th annual Shoot for Sight fundraiser Sept. 21 at the Ada Trap and Skeet Club. Participants will check in at 7:30 a.m. that day, and the shotguns will start at 8:30. The event will include awards for the high overall team, the high trap team and the high skeet team. Entry fee is $250 per team, which includes lunch, shells and all targets. Proceeds from the fundraiser will go to Lions programs for people who need the gift of sight. To register, mail your check and entry form to Ada Lions Club, PO Box 1729, Ada, OK 74820. Checks should be made payable to the Lions Club. For more information, write to Donnie.email@example.com.
• Traditional Country Music takes place the third Saturday of each month at Mary’s Music Barn, featuring The Country Pride Band with special guests. The event is located three and one-half miles south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway, turn right on McDonald Road. The show begins at 7 p.m. For more information, phone 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.