• Combat Infantrymen’s Association is conducting a fundraiser with a raffle for a 40-inch Sony television. The drawing is Dec. 15. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds go to benefit veterans. To purchase tickets or for more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173, J.L. Rhodes, 580-332-8811, William Cox at 580-235-6279, James Page at 580-755-5392 or Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115.
• Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main Street. Newcomers are always welcome. There are no fees and you do not need to bring anything with you in order to participate. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more informaiton, phone 580-310-9787.
• Vanoss Volunteer Fire Department hots its appreciation dinner for the community at 6 p.m. at the Vanoss Volunteer Fire Department. To thank the community for its support the volunteers are serving a free barbecue dinner. For more information, phone Rance Walker, fire chief, at 580-310-4792.
OCTOBER 5, 2013
• Headmen Cliff Bishop and Don Harness and councilman Mooris Chiles of Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri are conducting a meeting at non at Allen Masonic Lodge. This is a fundraiser. Members are asked to take food items for the auction, including dry goods, canned goods, home-grown produce, jams and jellies, cakes and pies. All members are encouraged to attend.
• Oil Center Volunteer Fire Department’s annual hamburger fry and pie auction takes place at Oil Center Pentecostal Holiness Church. Hamburgers and hotdogs served from 5-7 p.m.; annual meeting takes place at 6:30 p.m. and pict auction begins at 7 p.m. Auctioneer is Clay Young. Donated pies and cakes for the auciton will be appreciated. Drawings will be conducted for a rifle and shotgun.
• Wrangler reunion is 10 a.m. at Coalgate Park Building. The reunion is open to anyone who has ever worked at Wrangler, VF or Blue Bell and their families. Take finger foods, snacks, desserts, chips, dip and or drinks. Those who have plant photos or memorabilia are asked to take those for viewing. For more information, phone 927-6473.