SEPTEMBER 6, 2013
• Ada High School Cougann Hamburger Fry – an annual Ada Football tradition! This year’s event takes place Friday, Sept. 6, prior to the Ada vs. Ardmore football game in Ada. The meal is served on the ECU Kerr Center lawn from 5-7 p.m. Tickets are $5 per person and are available on-site. Meal includes a burger, chips, drink and cookie. The event is open to the public.
• Ada Area Roundup Club hosts a playday event at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex outdoor arena. The event is open to the public. For more information, phone 405-395-8147, 580-272-0260 or 580-320-2400.
SEPTEMBER 7, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop, Curtis Smith and Don Harness will host a meeting at noon Sept. 7 at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. This is a very important meeting, so all members should please attend. The meeting is also a fundraising auction, so bring dry, baked or canned goods.
SEPTEMBER 9, 2013
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.