SEPTEMBER 5, 2013
• PAST organization meets at the First Christain Church, Ada, at 5:30 p.m. The meeting is open to anyone interested in helping preserve the area’s history.
• A meeting of the Board of Directors for the Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corporation will be held at 10 a.m. at the new Vision Bank conference room, 1901 Arlington, Ada. This meeting is open to the public and participation is encouraged. For more information, contact Carolyn Hill, (580) 310-9300.
• An Indian taco sale takes place from 4-7 p.m. at the Ada Chickasaw Senior Site, 1005 Chamber Loop. A pie auction begins at 5:30 p.m. Auctioneer is Dr. John Garber. Entertainment provided by Red Barn Band. Cost is $7 for taco, dessert and drink. For deliveries of two or more tacos, phone 436-1007.
• Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club meets at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, 107 W. Main Street. Newcomers are always welcome. There are no fees and you do not need to bring anything with you in order to participate. The club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more information, phone 580-310-9787.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Valley View Regional Hospital.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at Main Street Church of Christ, 408 East Main Street, Davis. This month the group will discuss current medical/clinical research studies. These meetings are open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus, please contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding lupus, contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.