AUGUST 28, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
AUGUST 29, 2013
• Mercy Hospital Ada hosts a blood drive from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. in the downstairs classrooms. For more information, phone 877-340-8777.
• Ada Area Roundup Club hosts a playday event at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex outdoor arena. The event is open to the public. For more information, phone 405-395-8147, 580-272-0260 or 580-320-2400.
AUGUST 30, 2013
• ACT II, Inc. presents “The Sound of Music” at 7 p.m. in Dorothy I. Summers Theatre on East Central University’s campus. Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for students with identification or senior citizens and $4 for children ages 5 or younger. Tickets are available at the theatre ticket booth starting 30 minutes before curtain. No reserved seating. For more information, phone 580-272-7234.
AUGUST 31, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.