AUGUST 24, 2013
• Garvin County Republican Party is conducting a Beans, Boots, and Bet You Didn’t Know That information event. Phone 405-740-5131 for more information.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
AUGUST 25, 2013
• Dew Family Reunion takes place at the Chickasaw Community Center.
• Ada Area Roundup Club fundraiser 5D barrel race takes place at the Pontotoc County Agri-Plex outdoor arena, 1710 N. Broadway Ave. Exhibitions are at 1 p.m. Cost is $4 each. Youth classes begin at 3:30 p.m. Cost is $5 for age 6 and younger, $10 for ages 8 and younger, and $15 for 12 and younger. Open 5D follows youth classes at approximately 4:30 p.m. Entry fee is $25. Facility fee is $5 per person, including exhibitions only. For more information, phone 580-320-1700.
AUGUST 26, 2013
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive.
For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
AUGUST 27, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Ada Public Library . This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone William Cox, commander, at 580-235-6279, Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115 or email WAC_6600@yahoo.com.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
AUGUST 28, 2013
• ACT II, Inc. presents “The Sound of Music” at 7 p.m. in Dorothy I. Summers Theatre on East Central University’s campus. Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for students with identification or senior citizens and $4 for children ages 5 or younger. Tickets are available at the theatre ticket booth 30 before curtain. No reserved seating. For mroe information, phone 580-272-7234.