• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
APRIL 10, 2014
• Healthy Hearts Club Instructor Susan Coleman will be conducting beginners Country line dances starting April 3 and ending April 28 at Ada Elks Lodge in Ada. Classes will be Mondays and Thursdays from 7 - 8 p.m.
APRIL 11, 2014
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association will meet at 11 a.m. April 11 at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. Norman Cooper, Executive Director of Oklahoma Retired Educators Association will speak and PCREA officers will be installed. All retired educators and support personnel are encouraged to attend.
• Miller Art Studio will be having a Spring Art Show at from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the upstairs large meeting room at the Ada Public Library. The show will feature artwork fo 25 students pre-kindergarten through ninth grades. The show ill be judged by Dr. Brad Jessop and the East Central Univeristy art for secondary teachers students. Awards will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. Students should take phone books to their participating schools through April 11. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
APRIL 12, 2014
• A bake sale will be held at Ada Walmart beginning at 8 a.m. The sale is a fundraiser for Pontotoc County’s Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society.