• Rural Enterprises of Oklahoma will hold its April board meeting at 2 p.m. at REI Oklahoma, 800 Research Parkway, Suite 305, in Oklahoma City.
APRIL 4, 2014
• A frybread breakfast burrito fundraiser will be held for a birthday pow-wow for Skylar Nucosee between 7 and 9 a.m. The cost is $5 and will purchase the burrito with frybread, eggs, sausage, potatoes and red peppers. Call Couita Nucosee at 580-320-6179 for delivery.
• Kullihoma Senior Center is hosting a bingo and food sale fundraiser. The food sale is at 6 p.m., while bingo will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Chili, Frito pie, hot dogs, hot links, dessert and tea or coffee will be on the menu. Call 580-310-0538 for more information.
• Francis and Homer elementary schools have set preschool enrollment for April 4. Pre-enrollment will take place in the front lobby of each site from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students must be 4 years old by Sept. 1, 2014, to be eligible for enrollment in the preschool program. Bring the child’s Social Security card, birth certificate, immunization record, proof of residence and CDIB card if applicable.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
APRIL 5, 2014
• T.W. Shannon, former speaker of the Oklaoma House, is the guest speaker at the Konawa Chamber of Commerce’s banquet, to be held in Konawa School’s multi-purpose room April 5. A silent auction will be conducted at 6 p.m. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 and are available at Khoury’s, Sooner State Bank, BancFirst, Streetmans, Wilson Insurance, Moore Nutrition and Moore Than Hair Salon.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. Students should take phone books to their participating schools through April 11. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.