Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
APRIL 2, 2014
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
APRIL 3, 2014
• The Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club will meet on Thursday, April 3, at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, located at 107 W. Main St. Newcomers are welcome to attend. There are no fees, and nothing is necessary in order to participate. For more information, call 580-310-9787.
• Chickasaw Senior Site is hosting a taco sale at 1005 Chamber Loop from 4 to 7 p.m. A pie auction will be at 5:30 with Dr. John Garber as the auctioneer. Entertainment will be the Red Barn Band. Taco, dessert and drink will cost $7. Deliveries are available for orders of two or more. Call 436-1007.
• Healthy Hearts Club instructor Susan Coleman will be conducting beginners country line dances starting April 3 and ending April 28 at Ada Elks Lodge in Ada. Classes will be Mondays and Thursdays from 7 - 8 p.m.
• PAST is holding its April 3 meeting at Pontotoc County Vocational Technology Center at 5 p.m. Go to the southwest side, Entrance C.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.