MARCH 5, 2013
• Oklahoma Farm Bureau Safety Services is presenting an Auto Accident Prevention Course on March 4 and 5, from 6-9 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Office, 1027 West Main, Ada, with instruction on how to improve driving skills. Upon earning the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course Certificate, the participant may be eligible to receive a discount on his auto insurance. The class is open to the public. For more details and to sign up, phone Shirley at (580) 332-8711.
• Circle Time of Ada, a support group for families dealing with autism, meets at 6 p.m. in the old Glenwood School. Enter through the west double door. The event is open to anyone with an interest in learning more about autism. For more information, contact Jennifer Balliett at (580)235-2731.
• Ada Public Library will hold a preview sale for Ada Library Friends members on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The book sale opens to the public on Wednesday through Friday, March 6-8 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, March 9, from 9 a.m. to noon. Small format paperback books will be fifty cents each. Most hardcover books will be one dollar and up. There will be fiction and nonfiction books for adults and children, along with audio books, and movies. Anyone making large purchases must keep containers at the end of aisles, so others can get by to make their selections. For more information, contact Jennifer Greenstreet at 580-436-8121.
• A new GriefShare group begins at First Baptist Church of Ada, 521 S. Broadway. The sessions are from 7-9 p.m. Contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121 for more information.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at 8 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.