Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 15, 2013
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association (PCREA) meets at 11 a.m. at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. The program will be presented by Lorie Robins, Chickasaw Nation Arts and Humanities.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Vanoss Elementary School conducts pre-kindergarten pre-enrollment from 7:45 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. in the Vanoss School library. Students who are 4 years old by Sept. 1 are eligible for enrollment in the pre-k program. All students who are pre-enrolling will be given an academic readiness screening, in addition to a hearing screening. Speech screenings may be available by request. Those who wish to enroll their children must take the child’s Social Security card, birth certificate, shot record, proof of residence and CDIB card, if applicable.
MARCH 16, 2013
• Mary’s Music Barn presents traditional country music, featuring Country Pride Band with special guest, the third Saturday of each month. Mary’s Music Barn is located three and one-half miles south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway. Turn right on McDonald Road. Show starts at 7 p.m. For more information, phone 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206bor email email@example.com
MARCH 17, 2013
• Save the date — Lady Outlaws 10 and Under Softball Team hosts a Dice Run on Saturday, April 6. Cost is $20 to enter and $5 for each passenger. Cars are welcome. The winner will win 40 percent of entry fees. Registration will be at the Stonewall High School baseball field starting at 10 a.m. There will also be a bake sale, T-shirt sale, 50/50 ticket sale (winner to be drawn at the dice run; you do not need to be present to win). A barbecue sandwich lunch will be available for $5 a plate. The meal includes sandwich, chips and a drink. For more information, contact Amber Frazier at 580-320-8159.