AUGUST 4, 2013
• Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer registration is now open. Please go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 South Hickory. For more information call (580)332-3717.
AUGUST 5, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
AUGUST 6, 2013
• A meeting of the board of directors for Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corporation will be held at 10 a.m. at Murray State College, Conference Room 211, in the administration building, One Murray Campus, Tishomingo. This meeting is open to the public and and their participate is encouraged. For more information, phone Carolyn Hill at (580) 310-9300.
• Ada Artists Association’s August’s featured artist of the month is Kody Wilson. A reception will be 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Karen’s Art and Framing, 108 E. Main.
• Circle Time of Ada, an autism parent group, meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the old Glenwood School. Enter at the west double door. For more information, phone Jennifer Balliett, group leader, at 580-235-2731. or visit www.circletimeofada.com or Facebook.
• Ada Shrine Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at J.D.’s Cafe. Meal is at 6 p.m. and the meeting is at 7 p.m. All Shriners are welcome and encouraged to attend. .
• Chickasaw Nation and East Central University have teamed up once again to host National Night Out, a nationwide crime and drug prevention event designed to heighten awareness and strengthen participation in local anticrime efforts and to strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships. The event takes place at East Central University. For more information or to participate by providing an activity booth or demonstration, contact Kevin Tiger at (580) 272-5716 or email@example.com.