Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
SEPT. 25, 2013
• Blood donors can show their community and school spirit by donating with Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Roff High School.
• Latta School’s Indian Education Parent Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. in Room 111 in the Latta Middle School. Business meetings will be conducted for JOM and Title VII programs. The meeting is open to all parents of JOM and Title VII students.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
SEPT. 27, 2013
• Byng School District will hold a gifted and talented meeting at 9 a.m. in the superintendent’s office. All parents and community members are welcome to attend. For more information, phone 310-6751.
SEPT. 28, 2013
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
SEPT. 29, 2013
• A poker run for bikes, cars and trucks at the Ada Elks Lodge, 3850 Arlington, will benefit the scholarship program at East Central University. Registration is at 8:30 a.m. and last out at 9:30 a.m. Drivers are $25, couples are $30. Route is 116 miles. Breakfast and lunch are available beginning at 8 a.m. for $5 per plate.
• A breakfast and lunch fundraiser will benefit the scholarship program at East Central University. Cost is $5 per plate. Breakfast (eggs, sausage and biscuits) will be served at 8 a.m. and a barbecue lunch at 11 a.m. at Ada Elks Lodge, 3850 Arlington.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association is conducting a fundraiser with a raffle for a 40-inch Sony television. The drawing is Dec. 15. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds go to benefit veterans. To purchase tickets or for more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173, J.L. Rhodes, 580-332-8811, William Cox at 580-235-6279, James Page at 580-755-5392 or Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115.
• Wild Goose musicians jam session takes place each Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at Wild Goose Club in Sasakwa. This event is a gathering for musicians for a house band and opening for the house band and promotions. Musicians need to take their own instruments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Kallo at 405-941-3071.
SEPT. 30, 2013
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 580-427-5433.