Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 1, 2013
• Valley View Regional Hospital Auxilary’s book fair is from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the ground floor of the hospital. All profits go toward patient care services at VVRH.
MARCH 2, 2013
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri meets at noon at Allen (Oklahoma) Masonic Lodge. This is an auction. Members are to take food items, baked goods, homemade jellies, nice towels or other items for auction. All members are encouraged to attend.
• Garvin County Republican Convention is 1 p.m. at Christian Life Church fellowship hall, 820 S. Walnut, Pauls Valley. Allie Burgin is Garvin County chairman. Delegates to the county convention, elected at the party’s precinct meetings held on Jan. 28, 2013, will in turn elect delegates to the State Republican Convention which is to be held in Oklahoma City April 20. Election of county Republican offices will also be held. For more information, phone 405-740-5131.
• Francis Auxiliary hosts its annual Indian taco fundraiser for the Fourth of July celebration from 5-7 p.m. at Francis Town Hall. This year dinner may be preordered by phoning 580-332-3967, beginning at 3 p.m. Cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 5-10. Meal includes taco, condiments, dessert and drink. Anyone who would like to volunteer to serve or needs more information, phone Heather Specht at 580-320-3061.
MARCH 3, 2013
• Members of the Tupelo Future Farmers of America chapter will host a fish fry from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Adult plates will be $10 and eighth-grade students and under will eat for $5. For more information, contact Steve Ake at 845-2774.