MARCH 2, 2013
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri meets at noon at the Allen (Oklahoma) Masonic Lodge. This is an auction. Members are to take food items, baked goods, homemade jellies, nice towels or other items for auction. All members are encouraged to attend.
• Garvin County Republican Convention is at 1 p.m. at Christian Life Church fellowship hall, 820 S. Walnut, Pauls Valley. Allie Burgin is Garvin County chairman. Delegates to the county convention, elected at the party’s precinct meetings held on Jan. 28, will in turn elect delegates to the state Republican convention, which is to be held in Oklahoma City April 20. Election of county Republican offices will also be held. For more information, phone (405) 740-5131.
• Francis Auxiliary hosts its annual Indian taco fundraiser for the Fourth of July celebration from 5-7 p.m. at Francis Town Hall. This year, dinner may be preordered by phoning (580) 332-3967 beginning at 3 p.m. Cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 5-10. Meal includes taco, condiments, dessert and drink. Anyone who would like to volunteer to serve or needs more information, phone Heather Specht at (580) 320-3061.
MARCH 3, 2013
• Members of the Tupelo Future Farmers of America chapter will host a fish fry from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Adult plates will be $10, and eighth-grade students and under will eat for $5. For more information, contact Steve Ake at 845-2774.
MARCH 4, 2013
• Oklahoma Farm Bureau Safety Services is presenting an auto accident prevention course on March 4 and 5 from 6-9 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Office, 1027 W. Main, Ada, with instruction on how to improve driving skills.
Upon earning the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course Certificate, the participant may be eligible to receive a discount on his auto insurance. The class is open to the public. For more details and to sign up, phone Shirley at (580) 332-8711.