• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MAY 14, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge conducts dog obedience classes beginning May 14 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Classes start with basic training. This is a six-week program with hands-on training. Cost is $40 for six weeks, and rain dates will be added if needed. For more information, phone 580-332-6977.
• Speaker for Byrds Mill Archaeology Group is from the Oklahoma Archaeological Society. The speaker will talk about the Calf Creek culture from 5,000 years ago at 7 p.m. in the Valley View Regional Hospital conference dining room.
• Compassionate Friends Ada area chapter meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month in the parlor of First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St. This non-profit organization is for those grieving the death of a child.
MAY 15, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person, and the dance is open to the public.
MAY 18, 2013
• Traditional country music takes place the third Saturday of each month at Mary’s Music Barn, featuring The Country Pride Band with special guests. The event is located three and one-half miles south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway. Turn right on McDonald Road. The show begins at 7 p.m. For more information, phone 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAY 20, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.