Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MAY 10, 2013
• An open mic gospel show at Stratford is at 7 p.m. the second Friday of each month at the American Legion Building north of the four-way stop in Stratford. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Carole at 320-4319.
MAY 12, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge 1640 Mother’s Day luncheon will be served from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. There will be a choice of ham or turkey and dressing, salad, vegetables, dessert and drink for a cost of $12.99 including tax. For more information, phone 332-9706.
MAY 13, 2013
• Caregiver Support Group, sposored by Big Five Community Services, is at 11:30 a.m. at the Ada Public Library. For more information, phone Paulette Blankenship at 580-924-5331 or 1-888-439-5331.
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.