MAY 1, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person. The dance is open to the public.
MAY 2, 2013
• The PAST organization will meet at 5:30 p.m. May 2 at First Christian Church, 13th and Broadway in Ada. Anyone interested in the area’s past is invited to attend.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at Main Street Church of Christ, 408 E. Main St., Davis. This meetings are open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about it. Contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• An Indian taco sale is from 4-7 p.m. at the Ada Senior site, 1005 Chamber Loop. Cost of taco, drink and dessert is $7. Entertainment will be provided by Red Barn Band. Pie auction starts at 5:30 p.m. with guest auctioneer Dr. Megan Slate. Deliveries of at least two orders will be made (depending on distance). For more information or to place an order, phone 436-1007.
MAY 3, 2013
• Swirls and Pearls for the Girls, a benefit for Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma, will be held from 6-8 p.m. at Westminster Fellowship Hall, First Presbyterian Church. Honorary chair for the evening is state Sen. Susan Paddack. The event features hors d’oeuvres, wine tasting and displays of vintage Girl Scout uniforms and memorabilia. Attendees may register with the Girl Scout Alumnae Group and view pictures of local Girl Scout events and council camping facilities. Tickets are $25 and may be purchased at the door or from Gem Jewelers.
• A fish fry to benefit the upkeep of Jesse Cemetery is 5 p.m. at Stonewall Multi-purpose Building. Donations will be accepted.
MAY 4, 2013
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Don Harness, Cliff Bishop and Curtis Smith and Councilman Morse Chiles are conducting a meeting at noon at Allen Masonic Lodge. It is spring time. Bring plants, tools, seeds, baked goods, canned goods, dry goods and other items for the auction.
• A reunion of members and former members of the 701 First Personnel Reserve Service Co. takes place on at 700 N. Mississippi (across from the Chickasaw National Headquarters) beginning at noon May 4. For more information, phone 580-436-7150. Coffee and doughnuts will be served.