Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 15, 2014
• Prime Timers will meet at J.D.'s Cafeteria for the regular monthly meeting. Visitation will begin at 5:30 p.m., and the meal will be served at 6 p.m. Country-western singers the Gastineaus will present the program. Guests are welcome.
• GriefShare, a grief recovery support group, will be meeting Tuesdays at 6:30 through Aug. 5 at First Freewill Baptist Church of Ada. There is no cost except the optional $15 workbook. For more information, call Joyce at 580-332-6138 or the church at 580-332-3119.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays downstairs at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JULY 16, 2014
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
JULY 17, 2014
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, call 580-332-4121.