Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 8, 2014
• The Pauls Valley Library Book Club will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, at the library to discuss “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho. The book for August is “The Light Between Oceans: A Novel” by M.L. Stedman. All readers are welcome.
• GriefShare, a grief recovery support group, will be meeting Tuesdays at 6:30 through Aug. 5, 2014, at First Freewill Baptist Church of Ada. There is no cost except the optional $15 workbook. For more information, call Joyce at 580-332-6138 or the church at 580-332-3119.
• Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., Ada, in the church parlor. The group offers friendship, understanding and hope for families who have lost a child or grandchild. Call 580-399-5565 or 399-9716 for more information.
• Byrd’s Mill Archeology club meets the second Tuesday of each month at Mercy Hospital Ada, conference room, at 7 p.m.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays downstairs at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JULY 9, 2014
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.