Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JUNE 27, 2014
• Cruisin’ Main will take place in downtown Ada from 7-9 p.m. Friday, June 27. It is an event for the entire family featuring a classic car exhibit and draggin,’ cruise,’ sittin,’ watchin’ and jawin'.
• Ada Area Roundup Club will be holding an event at Ken Lance/3 Crosses Arena seven miles south of Ada on SH 3. Books open at 6 p.m., and play day starts at 7 p.m. For more information, visit Ada Area Roundup Club on Facebook.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays downstairs at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
JUNE 28, 2014
• The Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada coordinates the Fourth of July fireworks display at Wintersmith Park and is asking for donations from businesses, organizations and individuals for this year’s fireworks display. Donations can be mailed to Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada, PO Box 1621, Ada, OK 74821; made through Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or made at the Wintersmith concession. For more information, call 580-421-5779.
• The Crookham and Clowdus family reunion will be 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Marie Bailey Community Center, 1200 Jack John Circle, in Ada. Family and friends are invited.
• Former students of Stonewall Public Schools are invited to the Stonewall Alumni meeting at the school June 28. Doors will open at 4 p.m., and a meal will be in the new cafeteria at 6 p.m. For more information, call 580-235-0123.