Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JUNE 20, 2014
• Registration and open swim for students in Session 2 of the Kwanis Swim Safe Program will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, June 20, at Glenwood Pool. Session 2 lessons will be held June 23 through July 3 at Wintersmith Pool. Openings are still available in all classes, from Tadpoles and Polywogs for pre-swimmers through Level 5 and Lifeguarding for advanced swim instruction. For more information, call 332-3564. Applications are available at Ada Public Library, Ada City Hall, Glenwood Pool and Wintersmith Pool.
• A Communities of Care Forum will be held 10 a.m. to noon Friday, June 20, at Pontotoc Technology Center. The forum is sponsored by Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services in partnership with Oklahoma Department of Human Services. Pam Toohey and Dr. Deborah Shropshire will be speaking at the event. For more information, call 580-235-0210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Ada Calvary Church will be serving Indian tacos from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 5 to 7 p.m. At the evening meal there will be live gospel music. Cost for the meal is $7, which includes an Indian taco, dessert and drink. All money raised will go toward world missions. The church is located at 930 W. Eighth Street in Ada.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.