Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JULY 24, 2013
• Single Mom's support group (S.M.I.L.E. Single Mom’s: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is provided and childcare is available at Trinity Baptist Church. For more information, phone Tisha at 580-759-5260.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
JULY 25, 2013
• Ada Elks Lodge is serving a limited lunch menu from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Price is $7.99. Friday nights menu will be steaks or fired fish. Prices vary depending on the entrée selected.
• Dance Dynamix is enrolling new students ages 3-18 and continuing students who missed their enrollment date. Enrollment takes place from 5:30-7 p.m. at 112 W. Main St. For more information, phone 580-235-2923.
• Boys & Girls Club of Ada youth fall soccer registration is now open. Please go to http://www.bgcada.com/ to register or visit the BGCA at 915 South Hickory. For more information, phone (580)332-3717.