MAY 3, 2013
• Swirls and Pearls for the Girls, a benefit for Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma, will be held from 6-8 p.m. at Westminster Fellowship Hall, First Presbyterian Church. Honorary chair for the evening is state Sen. Susan Paddack. The event features hors d’oeuvres, wine tasting, and displays of vintage Girl Scout uniforms and memorabilia. Attendees may register with the Girl Scout Alumnae Group and view pictures of local Girl Scout events and council camping facilities. Tickets are $25 and may be purchased at the door or from Gem Jewelers.
• A fish fry to benefit the upkeep of Jesse Cemetery is 5 p.m. at Stonewall Multi-purpose Building. Donations will be accepted.
MAY 4, 2013
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Don Harness, Cliff Bishop and Curtis Smith and councilman Morse Chiles are conducting a meeting at noon at Allen Masonic Lodge. It is spring time. Bring plants, tools, seeds, baked goods, canned goods, dry goods and other items for the auction.
• A reunion of members and former members of the 701 First Personnel Reserve Service Co. takes place at 700 N. Mississippi (across from the Chickasaw National Headquarters) beginning at noon May 4. For more information, phone 580-436-7150. Coffee and doughnuts will be served.
MAY 5, 2013
MAY 6, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 2794870.
MAY 7, 2013
• Circle Time of Ada, an autism parent group, meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the old Glenwood School. Enter at the West double door. For more information, phone Jennifer Balliett, group leader, at 580-235-2731. or visit www.circletimeofada.com or Facebook.