Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MAY 1, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to the public.
MAY 2, 2013
• The PAST organization will meet at 5:30 p.m. May 2 at First Christian Church, 13th and Broadway in Ada. Anyone interested in the area’s past is invited to attend.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at Main Street Church of Christ, 408 East Main Street, Davis. Meetings are open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus, contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or email@example.com. For more information regarding lupus, contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter, at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.
• An Indian taco sale is from 4-7 p.m. at the Ada Senior site, 1005 Chamber Loop. Cost of taco, drink and dessert is $7. Entertainment will be provided by Red Barn Band. Pie auction starts at 5:30 p.m. with guest auctioneer Dr. Megan Slate. Deliveries of at least two orders will be made (depending on distance.) For more information or to place an order, phone 436-1007.