• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview.. All ages welcome. For appointment, phone 580-332-3882.
MARCH 2, 2013
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri meets at noon at Allen (Oklahoma) Masonic Lodge. This is an auction. Members are to take food items, baked goods, homemade jellies, nice towels or other items for auction. All members are encouraged to attend.
• Garvin County Republican Convention is 1 p.m. at Christian Life Church fellowship hall, 820 S. Walnut, Pauls Valley. Allie Burgin is Garvin County chairman. Delegates to the county convention, elected at the party’s precinct meetings held on Jan. 28, 2013, will in turn elect delegates to the State Republican Convention, which is to be held in Oklahoma City April 20. Election of county Republican offices will also be held. For more information, phone 405-740-5131.
MARCH 3, 2013
MARCH 4, 2013
• Oklahoma Farm Bureau Safety Services is presenting an Auto Accident Prevention Course on March 4 and 5, from 6-9 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Office, 1027 West Main, Ada, with instruction on how to improve driving skills. Upon earning the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course Certificate, the participant may be eligible to receive a discount on his auto insurance. The class is open to the public. For more details and to sign up, phone Shirley at (580) 332-8711.
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 2794870.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Mondays thru April 08 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. ALL AGES WELCOME. For appointment, call 580/332-3882.