Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 20, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 2794870.
FEBRUARY 21, 2013
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Please bring a partner and come. Phone Frank Shanklin at 580-559-1554 for more information.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview.. All ages welcome. For appointment, phone 580-332-3882.
FEBRUARY 22, 2013
• Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Women’s Committee hosts open house for Farm Bureau Week from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Smart Start South Center hosts Cynthia Ulrich Tobias, M.Ed., presenter of No. 1 broadcast in 2011 from Focus on the Family, from 6-8 p.m. at Ada First Baptist Church dining room, 15th and Broadway. Tobias is speaking on strategies for building a strong positive relationship with strong-willed children. A light meal will be served. Child care is available for children ages birth to 8 years. No children will be allowed in the seminar. Pre-registration is required for meal and child care. Phone 580-559-5873 by Monday, Feb. 18.
FEBRUARY 23, 2013
• Ada Rifle and Pistol Club hosts Preppers Gun Show at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Admission is $5 per day, children under age 12 are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. Law enforcement in uniform, veterans with ID, wives, girlfriends, mothers, grandmothers get in free. Proceeds from the show go to maintain Ada Rifle and Pistol Club Range. For more information, contact Brian Scoles, 4721 Osage Hills Dr., Newalla, OK 74857, or email email@example.com