Ada — FRIDAY
MAY 9, 2014
• Washington Little Olympics will be held May 9 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Ada High School Track and Field.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
MAY 10, 2014
• Union Valley Volunteer Fire Department will be having a fish fry from 4:30 to 7 p.m. with a pie auction at 5:30 p.m. at Union Valley Baptist Church Activity Building. Watch for signs. Donations will be accepted.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MAY 11, 2014
• Ada Elks Lodge #1640 will be hosting a Mother's Day dinner, May 11, from noon - 3 p.m. They will be serving turkey or ham, dressing, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, cranberries, salad and roll. The cost is $14 including a drink and tax. For more information, call 580-332-9706.
• Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is looking for caring, committed volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children in Pontotoc County. Volunteers must be able to commit six to 12 hours per month. Summer training for CASA volunteers will begin July 7. For more information, call 580-332-1441 or email Linda Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Experience Works Senior Community Service Employment Program is currently accepting applications. Experience Works SCSEP is available at no cost to people who meet eligibility criteria. The training program provides paid community service assignments at local public and non-profit organizations, referral to needed services and job search assistance. Program applicants must be age 55 or older, unemployed and live in Pontotoc County. For more information, call 877-314-7568, 405-395-9004 or 918-623-1460 or visit www.experienceworks.org.
MAY 12, 2014
• The Garvin County Republican Party will meet on Monday, May 12 at 7 p.m. for the grand opening of party headquarters at 313 S. Chickasaw in Pauls Valley. The regular monthly meeting will be held at that time. All of those interested in the party are invited to attend. Call 405-740-5131 for more information about the meeting or the Republican Party.