• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex on the north side of the extension center building in Compartment B, south of the county jail. For more information, call the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
MAY 13, 2014
• A rabies clinic will be held at Stonewall MP Building from 4 to 6 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• GriefShare, a grief recovery support group, will be meeting Tuesdays at 6:30 through Aug. 5, 2014, at First Freewill Baptist Church of Ada. There is no cost, except the optional $15 workbook. For more information, call Joyce at 580-332-6138 or the church at 580-332-3119.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Byrd’s Mill Archeology club meets the second Tuesday of each month at Mercy Hospital Ada, conference room, at 7 p.m.
• Compassionate Friends Ada Area Chapter meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., Ada, in the church parlor. The group offers friendship, understanding and hope for families who have lost a child or grandchild. Call 580-399-5565 or 399-9716 for more information.
MAY 14, 2014
• Pontotoc County Literacy Coalition will host an open house and recognition ceremony on May 14 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Certificates of achievement will be presented to tutors and learners, and members of the board of directors and other partners will be recognized. Refreshments will be served and the public is invited.
• Rabies clinics will be held at the following locations and times: Ada Vet, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; Animal Medical Center, 8 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; and Arlington Animal Clinic, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.