Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MAY 2, 2014
• The Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada will open the rides and concessions in Wintersmith Park on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 - 9 p.m. starting May 2. Then starting May 22, the Kiwanis Park will be open nightly from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Stop by to ride the train or carousel, play miniature golf or have a sno-cone. Ride prices are 75¢ each and miniature golf is $1.50. Private parties outside of regular hours can be booked by calling Mike at 580-436-8021. Party prices are posted on the Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada facebook page.
• Ada Area Roundup Club will be holding an event at Ken Lance/3 Crosses Arena seven miles south of Ada on SH 3. Books open at 6 p.m. and play day starts at 7 p.m. For more information, visit Ada Area Round up Club on Facebook.
• A fish fry fundraiser will be at 5 p.m. at Stonewall Multi-Purpose Building. The procedes will go to Jesse Cemetery upkeep. Donations are welcome.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 11 a.m. at the Chickasaw Wellness Center for exercise. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.
• Ada Narcotics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Reaper Baptist Church, 3301 N. Broadway. For more information, call 580-320-9984.
MAY 3, 2014
• A rabies clinic for cats only will be held at Felines and Friends from 10 a.m. to noon. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.