Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
APRIL 29, 2014
• A rabies clinic will be held at Byng Fire Department from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Ada Public Library, second floor. This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, call Jack Jones at 580-310-6173 or J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
APRIL 30, 2014
• Rabies clinics will be held at the following locations and times: Ada Vet, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; Animal Medical Center, 8 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; and Arlington Animal Clinic, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meet each Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Mrs. B’s, 104 E. Main, for coffee and at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., for games at 2 p.m. Attendees should bring a snack to the games to share. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.