Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
APRIL 18, 2014
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
APRIL 19, 2014
• Victory Bells, a Relay for Life team, is having a bake sale at Wal-Mart from 9 a.m. until noon to benefit the American Cancer Society. The bake sale will include many items for Easter. The theme this year is superheroes and Zorrow will be at the sale giving a flower to the ladies and a piece of candy to the kids.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
• Traditional country music is every third Saturday at 7 p.m. with special guest and the Country Pride Band at Mary’s Music Barn, located three and three-fourths miles south and one-fourth mile west of Stonewall on Jesse Highway. For more information, call Mary at 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APRIL 20, 2014
• Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is looking for caring, committed volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children in Pontotoc County. Volunteers must be able to commit six to 12 hours per month. Summer training for CASA volunteers will begin July 7. For more information, call 580-332-1441 or email Linda Wood at email@example.com.
• Latta pre-kindergarten is seeking information to help with 2014-2015 enrollment. Parents of students wishing to attend the program need to call the elementary office by May 1 to place the child on a pre-enrollment list. This is not enrollment but may allow the school to schedule screenings. Call 580-332-7669 and speak to Mrs. Kessinger or Mr. Shivers. All Latta residents and parents/guardians of siblings of transfer students who have been at Latta since 2001-2002 school year need to call as soon as possible to help schedule possible screenings. Attendance may be limited according to age and available space.