• A bake sale will be held at Ada Walmart beginning at 8 a.m. The sale is a fundraiser for Pontotoc County’s Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society.
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headman Don Harness will hold a meeting April 12 at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. A benefit auction will be held. Attendees are encouraged to bring food items, cakes, pie, jelly, dried goods or anything washable.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
APRIL 13, 2014
• Latta pre-kindergarten is seeking information to help with 2014-2015 enrollment. Parents of students wishing to attend the program need to call the elementary office by May 1 to place the child on a pre-enrollment list. This is not enrollment, but may allow the school to schedule screenings. Call 580-332-7669 and speak to Mrs. Kessinger or Mr. Shivers. All Latta residents and parents/guardians of siblings of transfer students who have been at Latta since the 2001-2002 school year need to call as soon as possible to help schedule possible screenings. Attendance may be limited according to age and available space.
APRIL 14, 2014
• Healthy Hearts Club instructor Susan Coleman will be conducting beginners country line dances starting April 3 and ending April 28 at Ada Elks Lodge in Ada. Classes will be Mondays and Thursdays from 7 to 8 p.m.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Mondays through April 14 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580/436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-Plex on the north side of the extension center building in Compartment B, south of the County jail.
For more information, call the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580-427-5433.