Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
APRIL 11, 2014
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association will meet at 11 a.m. April 11 at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. Norman Cooper, executive director of Oklahoma Retired Educators Association will speak and PCREA officers will be installed. All retired educators and support personnel are encouraged to attend.
• Miller Art Studio will be having a spring art show from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the upstairs large meeting room at the Ada Public Library. The show will feature artwork of 25 students in pre-kindergarten through ninth grades. The show will be judged by Dr. Brad Jessop and the East Central University art for secondary teachers students. Awards will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. Students should take phone books to their participating schools through April 11. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
APRIL 12, 2014
• New Horizons Workshop presents The Wiskey Bent Band at 7 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agri-Plex. Tickets are $30 for a family of five (advance only), $15 for an adult at the door or $10 in advance and $5 per child 6-12 years of age. For tickets and more information, call 580-235-0101.