Ada — THURSDAY
APRIL 10, 2014
• Healthy Hearts Club instructor Susan Coleman will be conducting beginners Country line dances starting April 3 and ending April 28 at Ada Elks Lodge in Ada. Classes will be Mondays and Thursdays from 7 - 8 p.m.
• Ada’s local Experimental Aircraft Association chapter is conducting a workshop on how to build a home built airplane at 6 p.m. today. Participants will look at blueprints and review how to build a wing rib. The meeting takes place at the EAA hangar, which is the third hangar on the right after entering Ada Airport on Airport Road.
APRIL 11, 2014
• Pontotoc County Retired Educators Association will meet at 11 a.m. April 11 at Ada Elks Lodge for its regular monthly meeting and noon luncheon. Norman Cooper, executive director of Oklahoma Retired Educators Association will speak and PCREA officers will be installed. All retired educators and support personnel are encouraged to attend.
• Miller Art Studio will be having a pring art show from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the upstairs large meeting room at the Ada Public Library. The show will feature artwork of 25 students pre-kindergarten through ninth grades. The show will be judged by Dr. Brad Jessop and the East Central University art for secondary teachers students. Awards will be presented at 6:30 p.m.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. Students should take phone books to their participating schools through April 11. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
APRIL 12, 2014
• New Horizons Workshop presents The Wiskey Bent Band at 7 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agri-plex. Tickets are $30 for a family of five (advance only), $15 for an adult at the door or $10 in advance and $5 per child 6-12 years of age. For tickets and more information, call 580-235-0101.