Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page.
JUNE 20, 2013
• Oklahoma Farm Bureau Safety Services is presenting an auto accident prevention course on June 24 and 25 from 6 o 9 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Office, 1027 W. Main, Ada, with instruction on how to improve one’s driving skills. Upon earning the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course Certificate, one would be eligible to receive a discount on his auto insurance. The class is open to the public. For more details and to sign up, call Shirley at (580) 332-8711.
JUNE 21, 2013
• Valley View Regional Hospital Foundation hosts its third annual Valley View Foundaiton Awards program and reception at 3 p.m. in the hospital classrooms 1-3 (hospital ground level).
• Stonewall classes of 1957, 1958. 1959 and 1960 are meeting at East Central University's Oklahoma Room, with visitation beginning at 4 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. Registration and catered meal cost $20 per person, which is payable at the door.
JUNE 22, 2013
• Byng Alumni Reunion takes place at the Byng School cafeteria. Registration begins at 5 p.m., and dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. The catered meal will cost $15 per person. For more information, phone Brett Joplin at 399-7137.
• Stonewall alumni and all former students will meet at Ada Elks Lodge for dinner at 6 p.m., followed by a program. Cost is $15 per person. To register or for more information, phone Glenda Dale Brady at 580-265-4415.
JUNE 23, 2013
• The Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada coordinates the 4th of July Fireworks Display at Wintersmith Park and is asking for donations from businesses, organizations and individuals for this year’s fireworks display. Donations can be mailed to Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada, PO Box 1621, Ada, OK 74821; made through Paypal to email@example.com; or make donations at the Wintersmith concession stand between 6 and 9 p.m. and enter to win one of three season passes for rides and miniature golf (details posted at the concession stand). For more information, call 580-421-5779.