JUNE 27, 2013
JUNE 28, 2013
JUNE 29, 2013
• Gerty School Reunion takes place at the Gerty Community Center. Potluck lunch will be served at noon. The center opens at 10 a.m. and guests are welcome to arrive early and are asked to take memorabilia and photos to show. Donations for the event will be accepted.
• Crookham/Clowdus Family Reunion is 11:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. at Marie Bailey Community Center, 1200 Jack John Circle in Ada. Family and friends are weilcome.
• The 60th annual Vanoss Alumni Banquet is 7 p.m. at the Vanoss School cafeteria. For tickets, phone the superintendent’s office at 580-759-2251, extension 103 or extension 126. Cost is $12 per person.
• Bat Bash 2013 takes place at the Madill Softball Comple. First game begins at 8 p.m. All proceeds go to the Durant Diamondbacks Little League Baseball Team. For more information, phone Mistie at 580-677-1888.
• Fishing for Recovery bass tournament will benefit Oklahoma tornado victims. Entries will be taken until noon Friday, June 28, at the following locations: Sharpe’s Department Store in Ada and Atoka, Kountry Store in Tupelo, C&C Hardware in Coalgate, Dollar Bills in Wapanucka, Advanced Medical Care in Tishomingo, Uncle Stew’s Guns in Durant. Donation buckets will also be available at these locations. Teams may be up to three individuals. Entry fee is $70 for heaviest stringer (five fish limit) with 50 percent payback to be awarded to the winner. Half of the entry fees will be given to the American Red Cross for use in helping those directly affected by the recent tornado outbreak. Check in is a t 8 p.m. at Clarita Fire Department in Clarita. For more information, phone 580-258-0000.
JUNE 30, 2013
• The Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada coordinates the 4th of July Fireworks Display at Wintersmith Park and is asking for donations from businesses, organizations and individuals for this year’s fireworks display. Donations can be mailed to: Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada, PO Box 1621, Ada, OK 74821; made through Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or make donations at the Wintersmith Concession stand between 6 and 9 pm and enter to win one of three season passes for rides and miniature golf (details posted at the concession stand). For more information call 580-421-5779