Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page.
• Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada coordinates the 4th of July Fireworks Display at Wintersmith Park and is asking for donations from businesses, organizations and individuals for this year’s fireworks display. Donations can be mailed to Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada, PO Box 1621, Ada, OK 74821; made through Paypal to email@example.com; or make donations at the Wintersmith concession stand between 6 and 9 p.m. and enter to win one of three season passes for rides and miniature golf (details posted at the concession stand). For more information, call 580-421-5779.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person, and the dance is open to the public.
• Oklahoma Farm Bureau Safety Services is presenting an auto accident prevention course on June 24 and 25 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Farm Bureau Office, 1027 W. Main, Ada, with instruction on how to improve one’s driving skills. Upon earning the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course Certificate, one would be eligible to receive a discount on his auto insurance. The class is open to the public. For more details and to sign up, call Shirley at (580) 332-8711.