Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 11, 2014
• The Chimney Hill Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution will meet on Tuesday, Feb. 11, at 1:30 PM at the Ada Arts and Heritage Center. American History essay winners will be announced.
• Byrd’s Mill Archeology club will meet at Mercy Hospital Ada conference room at 7 p.m. LaDonna Brown with the Chickasaw Nation, will be speaking. The public is invited to attend. The club meets the second Tuesday of each month.
• Registration will be held at the Jean Carr gallery 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 11, 2014 for a photography expo sponsored by Artists of the Arbuckles for youth, novice, amateur and professional photographers. The expo will be Feb. 13- Feb. 23. For registration information and forms, contact Royce Gideon at email@example.com (580-622-5744), Melissa Lapointe at firstname.lastname@example.org (580-622-2225), Eve Bondesen at email@example.com (580-622-6689) or Sondra Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org (580-622-5592).
• Patty Wagon Shuttle will provide a free day of transportation Tuesday, Feb. 11, Thursday, April 17 and Tuesday, June 17, for senior citizens age 65 and up. Travel to run errands or for appointments in the Ada area will be on a first-come first served basis. For an appointment call 580-272-3220.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.