• NEC Code Update Class will be held at Pontotoc Technology Center, 601 W. 33rd, from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. This class will satisfy the Oklahoma state mandatory six-hour continuing education requirement for license renewal. This class is approved by the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board for electrical journeymen and electrical contractors. Six hours of CEU (no lunch break). Instructor is David Jackson. Cost of class is $75, paid prior to the course, and participants must have a valid ID and current electrical license number. Bring a current NEC code book. A minimum of six people is required for the class. For more information, contact Jenny Cypert at 580-310-2245.
• Sponsored by the city of Ada, the Hershey’s Track and Field Games will be Saturday, April 20, at 9 a.m. For more information, phone 580-436-8101.
• Maud Coon, local author, hosts a book signing from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Ada Public Library for her new children’s book, I Am a Big Sis Now. This book teaches the dangers of sibling rivalries and how to resolve conflicts peacefully. The author holds a bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the College of New Rochelle in New York.
• Mary’s Music Barn presents traditional country music, featuring Country Pride Band with special guest, the third Saturday of each month.
Mary’s Music Barn is located three and one-half miles south of Stonewall on Jesse Highway. Turn right on McDonald Road. Show starts at 7 p.m. For more information phone 580-272-7816 or 580-265-9206 or email email@example.com.
APRIL 22, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.