DEC. 15, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association is conducting a fundraiser with a raffle for a 40-inch Sony television. The drawing is Dec. 15. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds go to benefit veterans. To purchase tickets or for more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173, J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811, William Cox at 580-235-6279, James Page at 580-755-5392 or Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115.
• Wild Goose musicians jam session takes place each Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at Wild Goose Club in Sasakwa.Musicians need to take their own instruments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Kallo at 405-941-3071.
DEC. 16, 2013
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
DEC. 17, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
DECEMBER 18, 2013
• Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is searching for caring, committed volunteers to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children. Anyone willing to commit 6-12 hours per month and go through 30 hours of training may phone 580-332-1441 or visit the CASA office at 514 E. 10th St. for more information on winter 2014 new Volunteer training. Training begins Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
DECEMBER 19, 2013
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, phone 580-332-4121.