• Ada Area Roundup Club will be holding an event at Ken Lance/3 Crosses Arena seven miles south of Ada on SH 3. Books open at 6 p.m. and play day starts at 7 p.m. For more information, visit Ad Area Round up Club on Facebook.
• A fish fry fundraiser will be at 5 p.m. at Stonewall Multi-Purpose Building. The procedes will go to Jesse Cemetery upkeep. Donations are welcome. w
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 11 a.m. at the Chickasaw Wellness Center for exercise. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.
MAY 3, 2014
• A rabies clinic for cats only will be held at Felines and Friends from 10 a.m. to noon. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MAY 4, 2014
• Experience Works Senior Community SErvice Employment Program is currently accepting applications. Experience Works SCSEP is available at no cost to people who meet eligibility criteria. The training program provides paid community service assignments at local public and non-profit organizations, referral to needed services and job search assistance. Program applicants must be age 55 or older, unemployed and live in Pontotoc County. For more information, call 877-314-7568, 405-395-9004 or 918-623-1460 or visit www.experienceworks.org.
• Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) is looking for caring, committed volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children in Pontotoc County. Volunteers must be able to commit six to 12 hours per month. Summer training for CASA volunteers will begin July 7. For more information, call 580-332-1441 or email Linda Wood at email@example.com.
MAY 5, 2014
• The Board of the Directors of the Happyland Volunteer Fire Department meets the first Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at the fire station at 22680 CR 1530 in Ada. Should the first Monday fall on a holiday, the meeting will be held the following Monday at the same time and location.