• An Indian taco sale will be held at Ada Senior Center at 1005 Chamber Loop in Ada 4-7 p.m. An Indian taco, drink and dessert cost $7. Delivery available for two orders or more. Pie auction will be at 5:30 p.m. with Dr. Garber as auctioneer and the Red Barn Band performing. For ore information or to place anorder, call, 580-436-1007.
• Rabies clinics will be held at the following locations and times: Ada Vet, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; Animal Medical Center, 8 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; and Arlington Animal Clinic, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• PAST will have its monthly meeting Thursday, May 1 at the Pontotoc Technology Center at 5 p.m. Go to the C Entrance at the South West corner. The group meets the first Thursday of each month. Decisions are being made about the group’s future.
• Latta pre-kindergarten is seeking information to help with 2014-2015 enrollment. Parents of students wishing to attend the program need to call the elementary office by May 1 to place the child on a pre-enrollment list. This is not enrollment but may allow the school to schedule screenings. Call 580-332-7669 and speak to Mrs. Kessinger or Mr. Shivers. All Latta residents and parents/guardians of siblings of transfer students who have been at Latta since 2001-2002 school year need to call as soon as possible to help schedule possible screenings. Attendance may be limited according to age and available space.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
MAY 2, 2014
• The Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada will open the rides and concessions in Wintersmith Park on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 - 9 p.m. starting May 2. Then starting May 22, the Kiwanis Park will be open nightly from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Stop by to ride the train or carousel, play miniature golf or have a sno-cone. Ride prices are 75¢ each and miniature golf is $1.50. Private parties outside of regular hours can be booked by calling Mike at 580-436-8021. Party prices are posted on the Kiwanis Club of Greater Ada facebook page.