Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
APRIL 30, 2014
• Rabies clinics will be held at the following locations and times: Ada Vet, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; Animal Medical Center, 8 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 5 p.m.; and Arlington Animal Clinic, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. Rabies shots will be available for a reduced cost of $10.
• Ada Single Friends (55 and up) meets each Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Mrs. B’s, 104 E. Main, for coffee and at First United Methodist Church, 129 W. 14th St., for games at 2 p.m. Attendees should bring a snack to the games to share. For more information, call 580-320-4157 or 320-2391.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
MAY 1, 2014
• Ada Rubber Stamp Art Club will meet on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at Scraptopia, located at 107 W. Main street. Newcomers are always welcome to attend. There are no fees and there is no need to bring anything in order to participate. For more information, call 580-310-9787. The club meets the first Thursday of each month unless otherwise specified.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Main Street Church of Christ, 408 East Main Street, in Davis. This month, they will have an open discussion to share questions and answers, as well as the latest updates on lupus research, developments, including the upcoming Walk for Lupus Now and May Lupus Awareness Month. The meeting is open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus. For more information regarding the meeting, information on lupus, or telephone support, call Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding lupus, call the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.