Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations and run in The Ada News as space is available. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841.
APRIL 17, 2014
• The African and Caribbean Students Association at East Central University is hosting Fusion Night from 7 to 10 p.m. at Trinity Baptist Fellowship Center. “Afro-Caribbean” cultures will be featured, including food, fashion, dance, drama, poetry and music. Admission is $10. Students and kids are $5, and children under 5 are free. For tickets and more information, call Jonathan Kelly at 580-279-7711 or the International Office at 580-559-5669.
• East Central University’s Harland C. Stonecipher School of Business Honors and Recognition Banquet is set for Thursday, April 17, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the ECU Foundation Hall of the Chickasaw Business and Conference Center. The cost for the event, which includes dinner and awards presentations, is $15 per person. The registration deadline was Tuesday at 5 p.m. For more information, contact Karen Turner at 559-5274 or email@example.com .
• The Pontotoc County Democratic Party meets the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agriplex in Room D.
• Healthy Hearts Club instructor Susan Coleman will be conducting beginners country line dances starting April 3 and ending April 28 at Ada Elks Lodge in Ada. Classes will be Mondays and Thursdays from 7 - 8 p.m.
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, call 580-332-4121.
APRIL 18, 2014
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
APRIL 19, 2014
• Victory Bells, a Relay for Life team, is having a bake sale at Wal-Mart from 9 a.m. until noon to benefit the American Cancer Society. The bake sale will include many items for Easter. The theme this year is superheroes, and Zorrow will be at the sale giving a flower to the ladies and a piece of candy to the kids.