• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 26, 2014
• Chickasaw Nation Industries Inc., will hold its annual stakeholder’s meeting at the Chickasaw Nation Community Center in Ada. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. For questions or more information, call 405-253-8200.
• Single moms support group (S.M.I.L.E. Single Mom's: Insightful, Loved, Empowered) meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is provided and childcare is available at Trinity Baptist Church. For more information, call Tisha at 580-759-5260.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
MARCH 28, 2014
• Ada Gem, Mineral and Fossil Club is hosting its annual show, swap and sale March 28 and 29 at Pontotoc County Agri-plex in Building 1. The show will be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. There will be demonstrations of earth science-related hobbies, kids activities, displays and silent auctions. Admission and parking are free.